The Govenaires are currently in need of a nutrition coordinator. This is a volunteer position.
Facilitate planning and execution of providing nutrition (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) to the corps members, staff, and volunteers as needed. Create a meal plan that accommodates the expectations of members with specific dietary needs, restrictions, and preferences. Meal plans must accommodate facilities that will be available to the corps (i.e. no electricity means no hot food). Must have access to a vehicle and be willing to use own vehicle when traveling with the corps. Fuel used for during travel is not typically reimbursed by the corps.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create a meal plan that meets established budget, is within dietary guidelines, and appeals to a broad spectrum of individuals
- Purchase and prepare food
- Purchase service items
- Set-up and tear down of food service / staging area
- Clean food service area
- Execute service within time frame established on the corps schedule
- Coordinate and manage nutrition volunteers
- Coordinate water and ice delivery to the corps